Contestants have to be either starting up a new business, are early in the development stages or launching a new product/service but been in business for less than 3 years. It is open to all ages. Participants are expected to be part of and committed to a local church. The organising team reserve the right to approve or decline all applicants to the market validation training and Lions’ Den Night.
1) APPLY: Complete and submit the Application form. Even if you are not fully prepared, the process is designed to help you move forward. The organising team will confirm your eligibility to progress to the market validation training. Applications open March 2019
2) WAIT AND WORK: You will be advised on your eligibility to participate based on your application form and video submission. Keep refining your idea based on ideas from the questions. Note down and book in your diary the 4 Market Validation training nights below to help refine and develop your idea/product/service. March through to June 2019
3) TRAIN: Attend the market validation training. Be open to feedback, training and guidance from professional mentors from The Icehouse. May and June 2019
4) CELEBRATE: Hopefully you receive notification as one of the 5 finalists selected from the application forms, video and market validation training. Notification on 25 June 2019
5) PREPARE: Prepare your refined pitch presentation for the Lions’ Den Night. 25 June - 8 July 2019
6) PRESENT: Present your idea to The Lions and attendees. 15 min maximum slot for each contestant. Maximum of 7 min presentation with 8 min questioning and feedback interspersed. There will be an opportunity for the audience to vote which will be considered by the Lions, however the Lions will make the final decision for first place and runner up. 8 July 2019
7) CELEBRATE: Winner - Take up prize offerings over coming 12 months as applicable to your business idea. Runners-up - reach out for further mentoring and coaching within your church, whether you win or not. Through to 8 July 2020
8) WORK, SUCCEED AND SOW: Succeed in executing your idea! Sow into others, sow into God’s Kingdom.